Tifton First United Methodist Church (TFUMC) in Tifton, Georgia (https://www.tiftonfirst.org) is searching for a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries / Christian Education. We are looking for an individual who is a solid role model and spiritual director with an energetic, enthusiastic and creative spirit to lead these program ministries at TFUMC. The Director will work with other staff under the direction of the Senior Pastor, the Staff Parish Relations committee and the Children’s Leadership Committee to develop and conduct overall children’s educational programs and ministries for TFUMC.
Primary responsibilities will be focused on infant thru 5th grade and include oversight of the Sunday School, Children’s Church and the nursery program. However, the Director will have oversight responsibilities for all age groups. The Director will work as a team member with other staff members under the direction of the Senior Pastor to develop and conduct overall educational programs and ministries for TFUMC. The Director will also work in conjunction with the Pre-School Director to help facilitate the needs of this program.
The Director should also be a vibrant, energetic person who can get TFUMC members excited about the Lord and can recruit, motivate and train volunteers to lead and teach under his/her direction.
The Director of Children’s Ministries / Christian Education will:
- plan, develop, and implement children’s ministry program (nursery through 5th grade)
- be the day-to-day leader of children’s ministries
- be visible at all services and recognized as the person in charge of all children’s programs
- have an obvious presence and serve as a point of contact for all children’s programs
- recruit and train volunteers and ensure adequate volunteer support
- ensure adequate adult-to-children ratios
- be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to TFUMC educational ministries
- coordinate children’s ministry curriculum
- assist in recruiting and training and provide ongoing support for teachers and facilitators
- ensure that records of participation in programs are maintained
- develop and manage an adequate children’s educational ministry budget
- communicate in a timely manner as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, social media, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.)
- work with other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality
- be familiar with and ensure that the Safe Sanctuary Policy is observed in all children’s ministry settings
- make themselves available on an advisory basis to leadership of other age-level educational programs
- ensure that adult Sunday School classes have their curriculum if they use a purchased one
- organize and promote group studies for the members of the congregation
- be a Christ-centered, self-starting, energetic and creative team player who will work with and support the church staff and laity to carryout TFUMC ministries
- having or nearing completion of a bachelor’s degree in appropriate area of study
- experience working with and developing Christian Children’s Ministries and/or children’s educational programs
- the ability and vision to develop and implement sustainable leadership structures and programs
- demonstrated strong leadership and organizational skills
- the ability to communicate well with children, parents, volunteers and other staff members
- possess a strong personal faith consistent with the United Methodist tradition
- an understanding of, and ability to use digital technology and social media to communicate with children, parents, and staff (Remind, Canva, Google Docs, Microsoft Windows software)
Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience
- Position available June, 2021.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, please EMAIL the items below to: email@example.com
J. Michael Moore, Chairman
Staff Parish Relations Committee
Tifton First United Methodist Church
107 West 12th Street
Tifton, GA. 31794
- a current resume
- a one-page statement summarizing why you are interested in and qualified to fill this position
- names and contact information for three (3) references