Welcome to Tifton First
Welcome! And thanks for checking out Tifton First in Tifton, Georgia (USA)! We know that finding a church you fit into can be really hard. At Tifton First, you’ll find the church family you’re looking for, where you can make a difference.
I want to invite you to check out our website and learn more about us. We’d love for you to come and visit us. We offer both traditional and contemporary worship, as well as small groups for all ages. You can click the link to schedule a visit, or just come anytime.
If you’d like a tour of the facilities or just a call from the pastor, let us know. To keep current on what’s happening, you can sign up for our newsletter.
I’m glad you took the time to check us out. I hope we can meet soon! In the meantime, if there’s anything we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to let me know!
Schedule a visit with Tifton First
We’re delighted you want to visit with us and we look forward to the opportunity to fellowship with you. Please provide some information so that we can help you feel welcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Do I Enter the Building?
- For traditional worship, enter at the very front of the Sanctuary Building right under the big steeple.
- For Contemporary Worship, enter the Social Hall on the Central Avenue side of the block.
What Ministries Do You Offer on Sunday Mornings?
- We have Sunday School for children, youth, and adults starting at 9:45 AM.
- We have traditional worship services at 9 AM and 11 AM in the Sanctuary Building and Contemporary worship in the Social Hall at 11:00 AM.
- We also provide a nursery for children infant to 4 years old during all of our worship services and Sunday Schools.
Is Childcare Available?
- Yes. We offer a nursery for children infant to four years old. You are not required to take your kids to the nursery, but it is available to you.
What Should I wear and what can I expect in the service?
- In every service children are welcome! You are not required to take your child to the nursery, it is there as a ministry to you. We have worship bags available at every service to help younger kids stay focused during the service. If your little ones get a little rowdy, it is not a distraction or hindrance to walk with them to the back of the room to let them get the wiggles out. Many of us have or have had small children, we totally understand. We’ve been there.
- In all of our worship services, you will see people wearing everything from t-shirts and shorts up to dresses or suits and ties. The traditional services tend to be more collared shirts, dresses, and suits and ties while the contemporary service is predominantly on the jeans and t-shirt end of the spectrum.
- In traditional worship the music is predominantly hymns accompanied by piano and organ while the contemporary worship service has more modern music accompanied by guitar, drums, and keyboard.
- Snacks and coffee are welcome in our contemporary service. During COVID, we are not providing these, but you are welcoming to bring your own.